Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last week in July

This was a busy fast week. To start it off we had our 9th anniversary on Tuesday. It was a wonderful day spent in the basement nailing down the baseboards. After that we caulked the gaps and placed spackle over the finishing nails. One would think this would go really quickly, but we only got most of one room finished. After that we had Melissa’s sister Teresa watch the girls while we continued our date with dinner and a movie. We saw Ice Age III. It was okay, kind of corny at parts, but other parts were good. Now I guess we need to see Ice Age II.

Thursday was registration day for Rees Elementary (a.k.a. the Green’s School). Abby is now registered for kindergarten and we will find out on the 14th who her teacher is and whether she is morning or afternoon kindergarten. She is really excited to start school, but I think she is bummed that her neighborhood friends will be going to a different school. I got to spend the day translating for the Spanish speaking families so they could register their families. Melissa also worked at registration. Her task was to register all new students including kindergarteners. She had a really long day. I only worked 9 hours that day, but Melissa was there for 13 hours. I guess she is prepping for when she has her own school.

The rest of the week we took care of the house and the kids. Yesterday, we finally got Melissa’s freezer and the girls got a swing set. Abby and Sarah are really excited and can’t wait until Melissa and I set it up. Melissa is also excited to be able to buy more frozen foods for our food storage.

2 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

I think I would have skipped Ice Age III for my anniversary. I would have spent the money on dessert or something!! Congratulations you guys! Nine years already. Time sure does fly doesn't it!?

The Green's said...

We already had a really nice dinner, so we decided to see a movie and Ice Age III was the only decent one playing. It reminded me of when Melissa and I first meet...we rented Muppets from Space ;)