Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Week of Aug.

We spent the first part of the week putting together a new swing set for the girls. It has been a big hit. Eric’s birthday was Sunday which we enjoyed as much as possible on a Fast Sunday. We did go see G.I. Joe on Friday night with his birthday money. He has been very excited to see it. It was actually surprisingly good. It was very classically and cleanly done. There is a lot of violence, but it was a good show. Thanks to Cathy and Jared for having Abby and Sarah over Friday night. Both girls really had a fun time.

I have been working a lot at school. My principal has been great to get me involved and have me help him in getting ready to start the year. He’s offered several extra opportunities for pay being sensitive to our situation and needs. I think I work for the best principal. I officially start on Monday the 17th, but will be at school much of this week working on the above mentioned projects. Eric will have some trainings the week of the 17th, but start officially the following week.

We took Sarah to the doctor this week, as we have been concerned with some symptoms of asthma and allergies in the way she has been breathing. She had several coughing troubles and a few bouts of pneumonia over the winter. The doctor determined she likely does not have allergies, but very likely has asthma. We had some x-rays of Sarah’s lungs taken and the doctor was concerned that the air tubes were still very inflamed compared to x-rays taken in the winter. The doctor prescribed an inhaler to hopefully help the inflammation and has referred us to specialists at Primary Children’s Hospital to review her x-rays.

Abby had her last shot before entering Kindergarten. I guess she had her Hep. B shots too close together so the school required another one. She is now hopefully all set and ready for Kindergarten. She will start on the 26th. During the first week of school, all Kindergarten students are given an assessment, so they do not start classes until a week later than the rest of the students.

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Eric, Melissa, Abby and Sarah

No comments: