Sunday, August 30, 2009

The last week of August

The biggest news about this week was that Abby started kindergarten. She was so excited and I was proud of her on the first day when she told me after I picked her up that she was a little scared at first and felt better after she found some games to play with. She didn’t show any hint of nervousness and trusted us and her teacher and for that I am proud of our big kindergartener. Don’t worry there were no tears from the parents either. If you follow our blog you will already know that she hasn’t learned to read yet and her favorite part of kindergarten is recess.


I had my first full week of work this week too, if you can call it that. Working part time is interesting but I have been a little ill most of the week, off and on, so when I come home and pick up the girls from the babysitters I’m exhausted. Hopefully, I will feel better this week because I will start working with the kids.


Melissa is still putting in long hours at school. Some nights she stays really late and comes home for a late dinner. Other nights she has come home for dinner (usually on my request) and then goes back to school. She even has gone in on Saturdays. She says that she feels like a new teacher again having never taught first grade before. She also says that things will get better as she gets her system set up. People who say that teachers work easy hours and have an easy job have never lived with a teacher.


Sarah is just enjoying being back with her friends at the babysitters and is growing so fast. Just today she told the nursery leaders that she had to go potty, Melissa was shocked when they came to get her, as this had never happened before.

No comments: