Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

This was a fun week for us. Sarah got to spend all week with me because I didn’t have to go in to work. Abby had school on Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday Abby had a Thanksgiving meal at school, complete with chicken nuggets, where she got to practice the manners that she had been learning in class. Then on Thursday we had Thanksgiving, of course. We really enjoyed seeing everyone that came. It was really nice of Donna and Dave to open their house to us. Abby was a little bored until Hannah came then she finally had someone to play with. Sarah just had fun in general, after she warmed up to everyone. After Dave and Donna’s we went to Melissa’s parent’s house. There Abby and Sarah got to play with Kayla who came up with her mom and dad from Arizona (that was probably the high light of their week). Abby and Sarah also got to spend the night and Grandma and Grandpa’s house, so mommy and daddy could shop then next day. Then came “Black Friday,” Toys r Us opened their doors at midnight and since we were driving by on our way home, we thought we’d stop by to see if we could get a bike for Abby’s birthday a few months away. It was just a good deal. Well, when we got there, there were more people in line that could fit in the store, so we went home and got up at a more reasonable hour. Friday I also got to go to a BYU basketball game, Dave gave us some tickets the day before. Then on Saturday I went to the annual BYU vs Utah game. It was a good exciting game, especially when BYU won in overtime and fans rushed the field. I was tempted to join them but Melissa helped me keep my head (thanks dear). Then today, we put up the Christmas tree. I think Melissa thinks I’m crazy for wanting so many lights on the tree, but I think it helps make the tree more festive.

One more thing that I would like to mention, Abby wrote a letter to Santa this week and a day later she told me that she was so excited to get her Baby Alive. “Baby Alive?” I questioned and she said “yea, I ordered it.” What she meant was that she had asked Santa in her letter. I just thought it was cute.

No comments: