Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

This week was a tough one for Sarah. First she started out with a fever and a nasty cough, which made for really long nights. We went to the doctor's and he said that she probably had a virus and that we could draw blood to see if it was a bacterial infection. I determined that we would just wait and see if she got better so she wouldn't need to have her blood drawn. Just as she started to get better, or at least her fever was gone, she started to complain about her ears. So on Thursday I took her back and found that both her ears were infected. Our happy little girl has turned into a tired and cranky girl, but there have been signs of her happiness returning. I stayed home with her on Monday and Tuesday which was good for me because I was sick also. Then Melissa stayed home with her on Wednesday so I could go to the meeting that I had that day.

Abby also came down with a cough, but she never developed a fever and she only missed one day of school. Abby's teacher was amazed when Abby came back to school and did two day's of work before school started. See, Abby loves to go in early to get her work done so she can earn points towards a reward from the "prize box." I also had another kindergarten teacher comment to me at how she was amazed by Abby sitting in her classroom and quietly working away. The next teacher she has had better have a great incentive program in place, so Abby doesn't stop trying so hard in school. Abby's highlights of the week involve her class Valentines day party on Friday. She had lots of fun getting her Valentines ready along with decorating her bag. Then Abby went to a birthday party of one of her friends from school. She had lots of fun and is now set on inviting kids her age over for her birthday party, instead of just having adults over to celebrate.

Melissa and I have both been under the weather with head colds. It has been tough this week, but the week ended well with Valentines day celebrations. Melissa surprised me with this giant card and a bag of candy, and I surprised Melissa with some potted flowers (so they don't die quickly) and a cute apron from a company called Flirty Aprons. Other than that, we've just been enjoying each other and hoping that we all feel better soon.

No comments: