Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finally, some news from us.

This past week started out with Sarah’s third birthday. I know, I can hardly believe that she is three either. It seems like the time has passed by so quickly, especially the last three years. The day after her birthday Sarah got very sick. She must have got some sort of stomach virus and threw up everything she ate that day and some things that she didn’t eat. Melissa stayed home with her on Wednesday and I stayed home with her for the rest of the week. She is doing much better now, but I think she is a little skinnier. Abby’s big news is that she got her ears pierced. She has been asking for this for awhile, so we made a deal with her. If she could improve her personal hygiene, then we would let her get her ears pierced. She improved to the point where we thought she was mature enough to take care of her ears and she was happy to find out it was finally time. She is such a trooper, not only does she not cry when she gets her shots, she also didn’t cry for her ear piercing. She did jump for each ear and got a little sick to her stomach, but no tears. She must get her toughness from me, just kidding; we all know it comes from her mom. Melissa and I have both been called to teach one of the three Sunbeam classes in our ward. I still have my calling to teach the Elders Quorum every forth Sunday. So I kind of feel like I’ve been called down to the minor leagues and get called back up once a month. The kids are fun and I’m sure Melissa and I (but mostly me) will learn a lot from this experience. Melissa is still working really hard and putting in a lot of hours. She is trying to get her Math endorsement and possibly one other endorsement on top of that. All of this on the side of the work she puts forth to prepare for and teach her first graders. People really don’t understand the work that teachers put forth everyday for such little compensation. No wonder teacher retention is so low. Now as for me, there is this position that I have applied for. It is at one of the local high schools and starts on Jan 18th. I hope that I at least get an interview and at most that I get the job. I hope that I hear something soon as I would have less than a week to get lesson plans together and prep my classroom. That is not much time. We hope everyone is well.
Love
Us.

No comments: