Nothing really new took place this week. I am feeling more confident calling Spanish speaking parents to talk to them about their students. I have long struggled to learn how to understand Mexicans. Their Spanish is just so different from what I learned and I did find comfort after talking to a parent from El Salvador. He shared with me that he had the same problem understanding all the slang. So if a native Spanish speaker has trouble then its okay if I do as well, I guess. I am getting ready to take the GRE at the end of this month, if anyone has any study suggestions please feel free to share.
We’ve been hit with the sickness bug. Both of the girls and I stayed home from church. Abby has it the worst with a cough and a fever, she is also really tired. Abby is not a cuddler except when she is really sick, and this morning all she wanted to do was cuddle. Sarah mainly just has a cough, but like usual she never really shows symptoms so it is hard to tell how bad she is.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment