Thursday, August 28, 2008

BYU Football Time and Girls Growing Up



This week school started in full swing for Eric and I. Eric has only two students in one of his classes, but does expect it to grow over the next few weeks. Eric has been counting down to the BYU game this coming Saturday and is excited for the season to start. I am transitioning into the administrative side of education and slowly learning to view things through administrative eyes rather than teacher eyes, although I think it’s important to keep the teacher perspective. I attended a stake preparedness fair at my mom’s stake on Saturday and learned a few new things. I also made an oven box to allow cooking with charcoal for oven things such as bread and cakes. It was fun to learn a few new things and reestablish the need to store things a little at a time. Abby has been sad that her school hasn’t started yet and has been anxiously waiting for that day to arrive, which is the Tuesday after Labor Day. Abby has also begun to really take care of Sarah. She mothers her and tries to make sure she is okay. Abby even changes Sarah’s diaper. Sarah’s personality continues to blossom. Sarah likes to help out and enjoys being given little tasks to do while the rest of us are working on something. For example Eric gave her the task to make sure the toys in the tub stayed in the basket while he was giving Abby a bath. Sarah dutifully watched those toys which also kept her occupied for Abby’s bath.

No comments: