Sunday, June 21, 2009

Third week in June

This week we are all so proud of Melissa finishing her classes and homework for her master’s class. We have to wait for her grades to come in. It won’t be official until Graduation on August 13th and 14th, when she gets her degree. I must say that I’m looking forward to spending more time together as a family. After 14 months of her program, I’ll probably be amazed with how much we can get done together. Melissa is excitedly preparing her classroom for this next year. Dad if you haven’t done this with Tammy, it’s quite the experience.


I’m still looking for a job. I have several applications in but I haven’t heard anything from most of the positions. I did get one interview, but it was for a technician job that paid $10.00 per hour. It will really be out of my element because it’s at an elementary school. Hey, at least I got the interview. I got a craftsman trimmer for the lawn with an edger attachment for Father’s Day. Now our lawn won’t be with worst lawn in the neighborhood.


Abby, is really getting into this gardening thing. She picked all the ripe strawberries and helped me pick some cucumbers. Last week we already picked and canned pickles. On Friday, Melissa, Abby and Sarah went to Melissa’s Grandparents home to do some yard work. Abby was so helpful. She had a job of raking areas after her aunt had gone through with a tiller. Melissa said that she did a very thorough job.


Sarah has picked up some new words this week. She says okay and huh after phrases she uses. For example, “I’m huney (hungery), okay, snack,” or, “my game, huh, daddy.” We have also gotten more serious about potty training, more serious than Sarah was. So to help motivate her we have stooped to what I’m told are incentives ;), M&M’s. This seems to have worked with varied success, but we are making progress. Sarah will start a parent and me swimming class tomorrow. She is really excited and we will have pictures for you later on our blog.

No comments: